As an institution accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee (USFSM) meets the highest standards of professional educator preparation in the United States of America. The Continuous Improvement Commission of the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) granted USFSM NCATE accreditation for both its initial and advanced educator preparation programs. Accreditation affirms we meet the rigorous standards of the professional education community. Our programs have been examined by the best in the field and have passed this test of excellence. NCATE’s performance-based accreditation system for educator preparation ensures that education candidates are prepared to make a difference in P-12 student learning. Providers accredited under NCATE standards are now served by the single specialized accreditation system for educator preparation in the United States, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). More than 900 educator preparation providers participate in the CAEP accreditation system.
The vision of the School of Education (SOE) is to lead in transforming the educational endeavors of our region and to be recognized nationally for excellence in our work. We admit applicants who are highly qualified, developed in their abilities to ensure that all pupils learn, committed to continuous improvement of their own praxis, and prepared to assume leadership roles in the school settings in which they will work.
The School of Education’s (SOE) mission is to prepare effective educators who will learn, lead, inspire, and transform their schools and communities through critical and imaginative literacies. We see the process of learn, lead, inspire and transform日本一本道a不卡免费 as recursive and not linear. Our mission guides the SOE to prepare educators poised to positively engage in and positively impact individuals and their communities, locally, nationally, and globally. We meet our mission through programs grounded in researched-based practices, critical perspectives, and clinical experiences. Our school and community partnerships form a solid basis for program assessment and continuous improvement.
日本一本道a不卡免费Goal areas of the SOE are in Content Knowledge, Reflective and Ethical Practice, Evaluation and Decision-making, Educational Design, and Learner as an Individual in Community. Faculty, students, staff and members of our community developed the seven candidate proficiencies expected of each of our graduates, which are:
- Content Knowledge
- Candidates demonstrate depth and breadth of content knowledge for their respective roles.
- Reflective and Ethical Practice
- Candidates engage in reflective and ethical practice as educators.
- Evaluation and Decision-making
- Candidates make professional educational decisions drawing on analysis of data and research from a variety of sources
- Educational Design
- Candidates design educational experiences that result in successful learning.
- Candidates demonstrate proficiency in educational technology aligned to the NETS-T standards.
- Learner as an Individual in the Community
- Candidates construct learning environments that reflect the diversity of experiences, perspectives, and cultures of their students and the larger world.
- Candidates communicate in ways that demonstrate fairness, respect, and sensitivity to diversity, setting high academic expectations for all students
There are additional specific program proficiencies for candidates seeking state certification delineated by the Florida Department of Education.